Friday, March 19, 2010

Tomi Karhunen Autograph Card

I went to WalMart today for pants and found none. But it's not situated anywhere near downtown, and I didn't want to leave without actually purchasing anything for my troubles, so I grabbed a box of In The Game's 2007-08 Between The Pipes cards - $15, 12 packs, 60 cards - and pulled out one autograph, this one: Tomi Karhunen.

I'm a big fan of goalies, but I must admit I had absolutely no idea who this kid was, so I did a bit of research, and here's what I came up with: almost nothing.

The only Wikipedia entry he has is in Finnish, his official OHL page has no picture, no text, and only one season's worth of statistics, and his hockeydb card checklist page doesn't even name his being on any In The Game cards...

Luckily, the EuroHockey site can tell me that he went back to Finland after one year in Ontario junior hockey, and that he is still of age to play in the U-20 team, i.e. World Juniors age. And the Puck Agency blog mentions he was named the OHL player of the week for the week ending November 18th, 2007, after winning three road games while posting a 1.33 goals against average and .953 save percentage.

That's it. Sorry!

His card looks good, though, but I would have preferred seeing him in the dark, away Sarnia Sting colours than the white one. But it's a nice signature, in black sharpie, on a sticker that was later apposed o card #A-TK.

No comments:

Post a Comment