Sunday, January 28, 2018

2017-18 Parkhurst Hockey Blaster Box Break

The minute I saw this blaster box of Upper Deck's 2017-18 Parkhurst, I knew I was going to buy it, and I knew I was going to write about it. And I'm fairly happy with the cards I pulled, too.

First, though, this is what the cards themselves look like, starting with the regular-issue base cards:
Green is the defining colour of Upper Deck's current iteration of the brand, as can be attested by these and last year's cards, and it's a good look.

That being said, there are different-coloured parallels, such as the "red" variants:
I was also happy I pulled quite a few Vegas Golden Knights players:
One of them was even part of the Prominent Prospects sub-set:
One semi-original, semi-cool but come-to-think-of-it,I've-never-seen-before sub-sets is East vs West, as can be attested by these Jonathan Toews and Evgeni Malkin cards:
Perhaps the nicest-to-have sub-set is the Rookies:
And one of them was of the "grey" variation, of prized prospect Owen Tippett:
I was happy to land one of the most exciting young players in the game, Patrik Laine, in the Blow The Horn red foil sub-set:
And if the East vs West sub-set reminiscent of past All-Star Games isn't enough, the pseudo-Olympic International sub-set gets the job done:
Cool side note: even though it wasn't the case at the time, all three players I pulled are now captains of their teams.

Perhaps even more so than last year, I think UD scored a home run with this set this year.

Another 8.5 in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment