Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Alex Auld: 3 Autographed Cards (Part 1)



I must admit I felt weird about sending Alex Auld these three cards and a fan letter on March 9th, care of the Ottawa Senators, seeing as I received these two other cards from him in November 2010, a year and a half ago, but I was worried he might not be play in Canada next season with the Sens counting on Craig Anderson and Ben Bishop in the NHL, with Robin Lehner ready to pounce on an opportunity, so I opted against my better judgement and sent them along - and got all of them back, signed in black sharpie, on April 17th, 2012.

Ironically, the last time I sent him cards, I sent a Sens card while he was with the Montréal Canadiens; this time, I sent two Habs cards while he's back with the Sens...


The card on the left is from In The Game's 2010-11 Between The Pipes set (card #87, the Stars Of The Game insert seb-set) and sees him sporting the Canadiens' red (home) jersey, focusing primarily on his Patrick Roy-clad mask, a sign you won't be playing for the Habs for long if I've ever seen one...

The card on the right is from Panini's 2011-12 Score set (card #335), showing him in the Habs' white (away) jersey, wearing a different mask, and with the classic mention that he's now with another team once perfected by O-Pee-Chee.

(continued in the following post)

No comments:

Post a Comment