Monday, June 17, 2013

Marcell Dareus Swatch Card

I've been relatively lucky with my (American) football 'hits' in the card world these past few years, especially since I pretty much only purchase one or two packs per year. Other times, I go to Ebay for a Colin Kapernick 99-cent jersey card.

In this instance, I pulled a first-round draft pick jersey card, Marcell Dareus of the Buffalo Bills, who wears jersey #99 - one that will never again be worn in NHL hockey. It's from Panini's 2011 Rookies And Stars Longevity (card #17 of the Freshman Orientation sub-set, serial numbered 152/249), and is an event-worn swatch:


I am particularly fond of the many double-entendres on the back of his card, in a year where homosexuality was discussed at great lengths in American sports:


Dareus had 82 tackes and 11 sacks in 2 full seasons with the Bills. He is an alumni of the reigning NCAA champions Alabama Crimson Tide, the third Alabama player drafted by the Bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment