(team and product links go to sponsored Amazon products, player links go to related pages on my blog, news links go to source pages)
I saw this at the drugstore earlier tonight and was so excited about finding hockey cards there I didn't even bother to check what year they were from... I was hoping for some of Upper Deck's 2013-14 Series 1, but instead purchased a blaster box of 2012-13 Series 1, for $24 (or $2 a pack). Oops.
The box has 10+2 bonus packs, which in normal human terms means 12. Each pack has 5 cards, for a grand total of 60. I'd rather look at it as ''$2 a pack'' than what it actually is... ''40 cents a card'', which it most certainly is not.
The cards look nice, with terrific photography, as evidenced here with a nice selection of close-up pics, alternate jerseys, action poses, while the player is always very clearly front and center:
Except for this oddly blurry Bian Gionta card:
Here's how it broke down:
Regular cards: 53
Young Guns (Rookies): 2
Checklist: 1
UD Canvas: 1
MVP (which used to be a set of its own): 2
Silver Skates (foil): 1
Montréal Canadiens (my home team): 2 (including the Gionta, plus Lars Eller)
Unless I hear from anyone interested, I'll be putting the ''hits'' on Ebay next weekend, since none of them are cards I really feel I need in my collection, except perhaps the Patrice Bergeron canvas, but someone who's actively collecting the set would definitely have better use for it than me.
Monday, September 16, 2013
2012-13 Upper Deck Series 1 Blaster Box Break
Labels:
2012-13,
Box Breaks,
Card,
Hockey,
NHL,
Series 1,
Upper Deck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment