Sunday, January 28, 2018

2017-18 Parkhurst Hockey Blaster Box Break

(team and product links go to sponsored Amazon products, player links go to related pages on my blog, news links go to source pages)

The minute I saw this blaster box of Upper Deck's 2017-18 Parkhurst, I knew I was going to buy it, and I knew I was going to write about it. And I'm fairly happy with the cards I pulled, too.

First, though, this is what the cards themselves look like, starting with the regular-issue base cards:
Green is the defining colour of Upper Deck's current iteration of the brand, as can be attested by these and last year's cards, and it's a good look.

That being said, there are different-coloured parallels, such as the "red" variants:
I was also happy I pulled quite a few Vegas Golden Knights players:
One of them was even part of the Prominent Prospects sub-set:
One semi-original, semi-cool but come-to-think-of-it,I've-never-seen-before sub-sets is East vs West, as can be attested by these Jonathan Toews and Evgeni Malkin cards:
Perhaps the nicest-to-have sub-set is the Rookies:
And one of them was of the "grey" variation, of prized prospect Owen Tippett:
I was happy to land one of the most exciting young players in the game, Patrik Laine, in the Blow The Horn red foil sub-set:
And if the East vs West sub-set reminiscent of past All-Star Games isn't enough, the pseudo-Olympic International sub-set gets the job done:
Cool side note: even though it wasn't the case at the time, all three players I pulled are now captains of their teams.

Perhaps even more so than last year, I think UD scored a home run with this set this year.

Another 8.5 in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment