Thursday, October 24, 2019

2019-20 Upper Deck Tim Hortons: 5-Pack Break

(team and product links go to sponsored Amazon products, player links go to related pages on my blog, news links go to source pages)

As usual, Tim Hortons stores are running out of their Upper Deck 2019-20 Tim Hortons hockey cards two weeks ahead of time; they were initially supposed to be in stores until November 9th, but most are already sold out, which is why when I crossed a shop that still had some, I took bought packs. (For a full review of the set, click here.)

It's not the best decision I've ever made, but it's very far from the worst.

For instance, I landed two Gold Etchings cards, one of them Johnny Gaudreau:
Unfortunately, I already had a Patrik Laine, but maybe I can get one signed now.

I also landed two Game Day Action cards, of Gaudreau and Sidney Crosby:
And my final insert was of the Special Events type, namely the Global Series, of Nico Hischer:
In terms of collation, I only got one base double (Gaudreau), but I did find it odd that I got a double of an insert.

All told, I've spent $45 I'm still at one-third of the set (two doubles), which means I'm now up to these so far:

Base Set:

5: Mark Giordano
7: Brady Tkachuk
9: Jack Eichel
10: Jordan Binnington 
13: Johnny Gaudreau x2
15: Ryan Getzlaf
17: Victor Hedman
19: Jonathan Toews
20: Sebastian Aho 
21: Brayden Point
25: Nico Hischier
26: Blake Wheeler
28: Claude Giroux
29: Nathan MacKinnon
33: Sam Reinhart
34: Auston Matthews 
37: Patrice Bergeron 
39: Aleksander Barkov
41: Jake Guentzel
43: Anthony Mantha
48: Connor Hellebuyck
52: Chris Kreider
53: Bo Horvat
54: Jonathan Quick
55: Mark Scheifele
56: Devan Dubnyk
58: Kris Letang 
60: Drew Doughty
63: Brad Marchand
64: Eric Staal
69: Cam Atkinson
73: Mark Stone 
75: Frederik Andersen
77: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
84: Evgeny Kuznetsov 
85: Leon Draisaitl
88: Patrick Kane 
89: Alex DeBrincat
93: Mika Zibanejad
97: Connor McDavid
101: Tyler Seguin
102: Jeff Skinner
104 Kyle Palmieri
112: Marc-André Fleury x2
115: Mathew Barzal
119: Anze Kopitar

Game Day Action:

HGD-6: Johnny Gaudreau
HGD-8: Jonathan Toews
HGD-12: Alex Ovechkin
HGD-13: Steven Stamkos
HGD-14: Nathan MacKinnon 
HGD-15: Sidney Crosby

"Red" Parallel:

DC-16: Patrice Bergeron
DC-17: Brent Burns
DC-30: Clayton Keller
DC-33: Steven Stamkos

Gold Etchings:

GE-4: Patrick Kane
GE-5: Johnny Gaudreau
GE-7: Patrik Laine x2
GE-10: Sidney Crosby

Franchise Duos:

D-6: Johnny Gaudreau/Sean Monahan
D-7: Connor McDavid/Leon Draisaitl

Clear Cut Phenoms:
CC-5: David Pastrnak
CC-8: Patrik Laine 

Highly Decorated:
HD-7: Jonathan Toews
HD-12: Joe Thronton

Special Events:
SE-2: Tuukka Rask: China Games
SE-3: Nico Hischier: Global Series
SE-5: Patrice Bergeron:  Winter Classic

Some stars are included too often, no offense to Toews and Gaudreau, but it's ridiculous. One player shouldn't feel like he's 10% of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment