Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Jarome Iginla Jersey Card

Yes, ladies and gentlemen: the fourth Jarome Iginla jersey card I've featured in a little over a year! There was an All-Star jersey, a red swatch, and a black swatch.

So I figured I was due for a white swatch. This is card #GA-JI from Upper Deck's 2003-04 Honor Roll set, the Grade A Jerseys sub-set. It features a piece of the Flames' white (home) jersey, despite showing him wearing the black ''flaming horse'' jersey. It is, however, guaranteed to have been used in an official game by Iggy himself. I've seen this card hover between $35-75, usually selling for above $50. He was the team's alternate captain at the time.

Last weekend, my favourite captain in the NHL (since Joe Sakic's retirement, of course) became just the 10th player in NHL history to score 30 or more goals in 10 consecutive seasons. That smells like the Hall Of Fame to me. Now, if only he could get his hands on a Stanley Cup...

No comments:

Post a Comment