Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Reggie Theus Autograph Card

I'll admit I'm not the biggest basketball fan in the world, and that since Reggie Theus retired before I was even slightly interested in the game, I know next to nothing about him.

He is pictured here in his NCAA days of glory with the UNLV Runnin' Rebels, where he made the Hall of Fame in 1997. He also had pretty good seasons with the Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Kings, Sacramento Kings, Atlanta Hawks, and Orlando Magic before retiring from the NBA with the New Jersey Nets. He was a two-time All Star who also made the All-Rookie team.

He then had a very successful coaching career with College teams, and a less successful stint coaching the Kings. He's in broadcasting now, after being part of the first season of The Best Damn Sports Show, Period!

What I know more about is this 2006-07 Legends card by Press Pass (then manufactured by RC2 South, now a stand-alone brand). It was one of Press Pass' first forays into basketball, after being the most successful NASCAR card brand and releasing some decent football sets (and NFL-affiliated toys). As a matter of fact, PP was the first card company to include event-worn items made onto the cards - and they even put race-used tires on some of them (I have one, I'll feature it some day).

I purchased this one on Ebay because I wanted a Press Pass autograph card, and because I liked the blue sharpie on-card signature. And because it was dirt cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment