Sunday, February 16, 2014

Drew Doughty Swatch Card

Just as I was going to put my other Drew Doughty swatch card on my upcoming trade list because I have lost hope I'll ever receive (signed) the 4 cards I sent him in March 2011, I came into this one to go with the four UD Game Jerseys I wrote about all week, for less than $3:
It's from Panini's 2011-12 Pinnacle, and is #35 in the set, the Game Night sub-set; it holds a nice black swatch, though it shows him wearing a Los Angeles Kings' white (away) uniform, which has very little of it.

It's pretty cool that I chose to write about this card after having seen him score both of Team Canada's goals in a 2-1 win over Finland; he's really taken on the role of leader of the defensive unit at this year's Olympics, after having been Canada's second-youngest ever champion in 2010 (though you can argue Eric Lindros' 1991 Canada Cup win wasn't a true medal-type championship since it just gives the winning team a trophy, which would make Doughty the true king).

He has since won a Stanley Cup, of course, making him even more of a winner. I think another Cup and a Norris could be in the cards for him this year... as for another Olympic gold medal, it'll depend if whoever is in nets can withstand the pressure of Russia or the U.S. One thing's for sure, they'll have the defensemen to make a run for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment