Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saku Koivu And Chris Higgins Jersey Card (2)

Remember my trade with Dave? Well, here's the last of the memorabilia cards I got in it, from Upper Deck's 2008-09 SPX set (card #WC-KH of the Winning Combos sub-set):
It features former Montréal Canadiens' captain Saku Koivu and his then-heir apparent (you can sort of see the 'A' on his chest at the far-right of his picture) Chris Higgins. Long-time readers might recognize it, because I already had one:
Not that I mind, though, because the swatch colours are different - Higgins' new card has a red one, where the old one was white. More than four years have gone by between acquisitions and, though I'm (relatively) open to trades, I'm happy to have two of these because I can put one in each player's binder.

Both of them now play out West, Koivu an associate captain with the league-leading Anaheim Ducks, Higgins a grinder on the ever-dropping Vancouver Canucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment