Friday, January 1, 2016

Two Alex Galchenyuk Autographed Cards

I just came back from watching the Winter Classic - pitting the Boston Bruins against the Montréal Canadiens - at a bar, for which I had purchased an Alex Galchenyuk jersey as a Christmas present for myself:
I must admit that I don't like the Reebok cut that gets ridiculously tight at the pectoral/underarm junction, making it uncomfortable for built men and generously plump ladies
I was doubtful at first, particularly of the logo, which looks like it was drawn by a child; over time, however, I really came to like it; I may wear it almost as much as my throwback Andrei Markov jersey:
Now, Galchenyuk, while he played well alongside Lars Eller and Daniel Carr, did not factor in to the Habs' 5-1 win statistically (a -1 with one shot and one hit in 16 minutes of ice time); instead, it was the newly-reunited first line of Brendan Gallagher (coming back from a six-week absence due to a pair of broken fingers), Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty, who each had two points, as did Paul Byron.

Still, what a great time on this New Year's Day to feature two signed cards of his with the Sarnia Sting from In The Game's 2010-11 Heroes And Prospects set (which stands as his Rookie Card):
They were both signed in blue sharpie.

Ironically, I never pulled that card from packs of H&P; I never pulled a Galchenyuk in an ITG product at all, actually - I bought them individually on Ebay and got them signed in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment