Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yann Danis Autograph Card

This one was sent to me a few months ago via snail mail by KC, of Hockey Freaks, in exchange for a Miikka Kiprusoff jersey card. Sure, it's a pretty uneven trade on all accounts (quality of player, monetary value), but he's a Calgary Flames fan and I'm a Montréal Canadiens fan - and I'm sure karma's pendulum will swing back my way eventually.

I didn't mention this card sooner because I already had a post about Yann Danis in February, but with news that he's going to the KHL next season, I thought it was timely to bring him back up. Oh, and he finished the 2009-10 season with a 2.05 GAA and a save % of .923 with the New Jersey Devils, further proof that it's the Devils' system more than Martin Brodeur that helps miracles happen in the swamp.

In any event, this 2005-06 Heroes And Prospects card (#A-YD) by In The Game complements my Tomas Plekanec card from the same set, and joins Jaroslav Halak and Maxim Lapierre in my collection of autographed Hamilton Bulldogs cards.

I wish him the best of luck in the KHL - and a contract in the NHL for 2011-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment