Saturday, January 19, 2013

Christian Proulx Autographed Card

I mentioned this card in a recent Brent Bilodeau post detailing a trip to Albany to watch an AHL playoff game with my family when I was 16.

Christian Proulx was drafted in the seventh round by the Montréal Canadiens in 1992 (164th overall), after averaging half a point per game to go with his 3-plus penalty minutes per game; I really thought he'd be a mainstay on defense with the Habs for a while, but he only ended up playing 7 games for them (and in the NHL in total), all in 1993-94, going 1-2-3 with 20 PIMs, keeping pretty much the same pace in the NHL as in juniors, stats-wise.

Until 2006-07, he would jump from league to league, country to country, in the hopes of securing full-time employment playing hockey, from the AHL to the IHL to Italy to Germany - first and second divisions - to the QSMHL to the LNAH. From 1994-95 to 2007, he played for no less than 12 different teams.

I saw a few of the games he played for the Laval Chiefs in the LNAH near the end of his career and think I got some cards signed then as well, but I couldn't get a hold of them so far; I'm keeping an eye out, for sure.

This card, from Classic's 1993-94 Pro Hockey Prospects set (card #8) was signed in blue sharpie. He added his jersey number (3) to the signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment