Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ryan Getzlaf Jersey Card

As Team Canada celebrated two victories today - a men's team winning the Spengler Cup in Switzerland and the under-20 team making it to the semi-finals in Ufa by beating Team Russia - I figured I'd feature a card from the national team, and I happened to have purchased this Ryan Getzlaf double-jersey card on Ebay last October. For less than $5, shipping included, I got this superb piece of 2012-13 Artifacts (card #146) by Upper Deck, numbered 91/125.

In person, the swatches are pinkish - my guess is the red faded into the white when they washed it. They're also from last May's World Championships - when Getzlaf captained Canada to a 5th-place finish in Finland, and was involved in a late-night/early morning altercation with some Finnish guys after chatting up Miss Finland (a.k.a. Sara Sieppi):
I usually prefer signed cards over swatches, but this one was too nice to pass up.

I had Getzlaf in all my hockey pools last year. In one, he had no impact as I crushed my uncle and his friends, but in the other, he cost me the victory over many of my musician friends; the musicians' pool was a ''keeper'', so everyone wanted to trade for him assuming hoping he couldn't have two awful seasons in a row - I'm betting the exact same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment