Friday, November 20, 2015

Sean Monahan: 2 Autographed Cards

I realize I featured Sean Monahan just last August, but the Calgary Flames' first-line center is now my first successful return of the 2015-16 season, which was the highlight of my bronchitis-fueled day:
I had sent him these two cards on November 4th and got them back today (November 20th), merely 16 days later, signed in black sharpie with his jersey number (23) tagged at the end.

Monahan is a born leader, having captained teams at both the Midget and Juniors levels, and despite being just 21 years old, already has a very impressive two-way game that has seen him post 6 goals and 14 points in 20 games, a pace close to what he accomplished last year (31 goals and 62 points in 80 games).

He's won gold with Team Canada at the U-17s and U-18s, and I'm certain he'll have chances of doing so at the mens' level as well.

Here are the two cards, first wearing the Flames' alternate uniform, from Upper Deck's 2014-15 MVP set (card #108 in the collection):
And here he is wearing their usual white (away) uniform, with card #1 from UD's 2015-16 MVP set:
With my previous post factored in, I now have collectible cards of his in each of the Flames' current jerseys.

No comments:

Post a Comment