Monday, October 3, 2016

6-Pack Break: 2016-17 Upper Deck Tim Hortons

(team and product links go to sponsored Amazon products, player links go to related pages on my blog, news links go to source pages)

Once again, Upper Deck has featured Sidney Crosby on their packs of their 2016-17 Tim Hortons Collector's Series hockey cards. Like last year, these cost $2 a pop, for three cards.

The base cards are as pretty as last year's, all-foil, and the backs show five years' worth of statistics and the career totals:
Again, like last year, my favourite one is this thick 3D Franchise Force card of Erik Karlsson:
I got a Platinum Profile card of Johnny Gaudreau:
The Pure Gold insert of Jordan Eberle's is also really nice:
The Local Leaders cards (of which I have Henrik Sedin and Tyler Bozak) look a little too much like the NHL Territory cards from UD's 2016-17 MVP set, albeit with full-colour cards instead of blackened foil:
And I could have done without the Game Day Action sub-set (which probably replaces the Season Highlights one from last year), particularly one of Ryan Miller:
Here are the cards I have so far:

10: Corey Perry
11: Anze Kopitar
34: Dustin Byfuglien
54: Adam Henrique
65: Erik Karlsson
69: Mike Hoffman
71: Evgeni Malkin
73: Dylan Larkin
88: Patrick Kane
92: Evgeny Kuznetsov
94: Jason Spezza
97: Connor McDavid
FF-7: Erik Karlsson
PP-1: Johnny Gaudreau
PG-7: Jordan Eberle
LL-5: Tyler Bozak
LL-6: Henrik Sedin
GDA-13: Ryan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment