Saturday, August 6, 2016

Vladimir Guerrero & Alfonso Soriano Jersey Card

With Alex Rodriguez set to play his final game next Friday (the day I launch my brand-new poetry book!), I will soon know a grand total of zero baseball players by name. Ok, that may not be true because I know hometown boy Russell Martin plays for the Toronto Blue Jays, but because they do not exist to me, neither does he at the moment, so there's that.

Still, Alfonso Soriano rang a bell to me, and Vladimir Guerrero was the last great member of the Montréal Expos, though I am pretty much unaware of anything he achieved elsewhere apart from his MVP title in his first year with the Anaheim Angels.

Both players are multiple Silver Slugger Award winners and All-Stars, and both were outfielders.

And both graced card #191 of Upper Deck's 2009 Ballpark collection (and Dual Swatch Memorabilia and Stat Kings sub-sets), which I obtained in a multi-sport repack, numbered 211/400:
Both swatches are game-used, and Soriano's is of the two-coloured variety, with a blue stripe complementing the predominant white. I don't really do two-player cards, so this one's up for trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment