Saturday, September 26, 2009

Jaroslav Halak Autographed Card

Those of you who know me know I was a hockey goalie for half my life, making me quite judgemental of goalies in particular. And the one goalie I have the most doubts about is Carey Price. Mostly because I just don't see 'it' - nothing he does can not be done by anyone else.

And it so happens Price has always had Jaroslav Halak to contend with in the Montréal Canadiens' organization. Halak may be a bit on the short side, but his feistiness and desire to win make him a spectacular goalie to watch - and it so happens his statistics often surpass those of Price. Plus, he has twice led his team almost single-handedly to a playoff spot, only to watch another goalie spoil it for him in the end (Cristobal Huet, who I also like, and Price).

This beautiful card depicting Halak in the Hamilton Bulldogs' red uniform, which looks great on him, was taken from a pack of In The Game's Between The Pipes set for the 2007-08 season, then was sent to the Bulldogs by mail and returned by mail as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment