Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Jeff Petry Autographed Card

This is a weird card for me. I think it's my only Jeff Petry card, and I didn't even purchase the set it's from, but I acquired the card in a trade of commons and got it signed in person, on a night that shifted a lot of things in my life.
It's card #658 from Panini's 2010-11 Score Rookies And Traded set, one that came at season's end and has, technically, that current season's statistics on the back, one of my pet peeves. It features Petry in the Edmonton Oilers' pajama-like white (away) uniform, trying to get the puck out of his zone.

The son of former baseball pitcher Dan Petry, the defenseman is known for his hard shots more than his passes and has so far spent two-and-a-half seasons with the Oilers, going 3-9-12 (with 29 PIMs) in the locked-out season's full 48 games last season.

He has already played twice for Team USA at the World Championships, playing a large role (2 goals, 4 assists and 6 points in 9 games) while the U.S. finished seventh in 2012, and going pointless in 10 games while winning the bronze medal this year. That experience will no doubt serve him well in the future, and he may even become an Olympian in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment